Getting a Business Back on Track
CurtainRodStore.com is an ecommerce business specializing in decorative drapery hardware for windows and doors of all sizes, both standard and hard-to-fit. They are also the premier retailer of the MagneRod magnetic curtain rod, which offers tool-free installation for steel doors and windows. They are able to offer very competitive by selling directly to customers solely online.
The client’s website was out of date, difficult to navigate, and did not provide a great shopping experience. It was also struggling in web search results, despite having a niche product, due to outdated and ineffective SEO tactics utilized by their previous marketing agency. What little Web traffic the site was receiving was not converting to sales well, and it was clear that poor design and usability was seriously affecting the company’s bottom line. The client wanted a simple, modern, new design that was easy to shop and responsive to support mobile users. They also needed more content and a comprehensive SEO strategy.
We designed a completely new website for CurtainRodStore.com, and a multi-faceted approach to fixing their SEO problems.
- We created a new logo and visual identity for the site, and improved its navigation.
- We installed a powerful new shopping cart platform to support a more robust shopping experience.
- We re-wrote all of the site’s limited existing content, and developed significant new content across several new pages to focus on improving the shopping experience, readability, and SEO.
- We developed a new series of articles that included design and installation tips, background on products, and industry information.
- We corrected existing on-page SEO mistakes and implemented a methodical approach to developing new optimized pages.
- We performed extensive keyword analysis for the site against it competitors.
Our client was very happy with the new look of CurtainRodStore.com, and he has received positive feedback from his customers about the new shopping experience. The site’s search engine rankings began to improve within a few months of the redesign, especially for his product images. Visitor retention and conversion also began to improve as a result of the improved navigation and shopping cart.